Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Monday, April 2, 2012

April Fools!!

I did the ol' classic swap dessert for dinner trick with the family last night and it was a HUGE success! Hubs even had a friend over who thought the whole thing was great.

The first course was "fish sticks, peas and carrots, and mashed potatoes with gravy. It was an idea I read about some time ago and if I find a link, I'll stick it on here.

Fish sticks- melt twix in microwave for 5 seconds, roll in toasted coconut
Mashed potatoes and gravy- ice cream with caramel sauce
veggies- picked out all of the green and a few orange gobstoppers. In retrospect, I should've chopped up some starbursts, but everyone definitely fell for my tricks anyways! Hubs thought I got a new veggie scoop tool or something. HA!

 2nd Course- ice cream and cupcakes
Cupcake- I baked meatloaf in cupcake liners (veggie meatloaf to be specific) frosted with mashed potatoes using an icing bag
Ice cream- mashed potatoes and gravy with a regular cone stuck in it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment