Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Day


I completely love Valentine's Day. This year it's a little hectic being that I'm in school, but we were still able to make some awesome Valentines for the class, and we have a little som'n som'n planned at home for the family.

Anywho, here are the Valentine's Day cards that the kids made this year. Of course, I had some help from my wonderful friend, Pinterest. Thank you to the originators of this idea- Jacolyne Murphy and Brooke Wookie


And since we're on the subject, here is what we did last year

I found some squeeze-its and attached a chocolate kiss. The cards say "a kiss and a squeeze"
Those cookies are something I had time to make last year, they really don't take long. They're called breakfast cookies and they're jam packed with good ingredients. It was my attempt to counter balance all the sugar intake from the day. They went over really well, everyone loved them. I made them for both classes.  They're called Hearty Breakfast Cookies. Here's the recipe




1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter (I used tahini in case of allergies)
1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/3 cup water
1 cup all­purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup raisins

1. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together butter, peanut butter, brown
sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Beat in eggs and water.
2. Mix together flours, oats, wheat germ, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Mix into
peanut butter mixture. Stir in raisins. Drop by ice cream scoopfuls 2 1/2 inches apart
on greased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 18 ­ 20 minutes. Cool on cookie

0 comments:

Post a Comment